Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer is almost over... :(

I'm quite sad that my "all day every day" time with Anna is almost coming to a close. It is hard to believe that by this time next week I will be back in full swing of things with school. Words can not express how grateful I am as to have had this much time with her all to myself. :) I know that she will be just fine when we transition her to going to "Gran's" during the day. Matt and I are very fortunate to be able to have such a sweet and caring family member watch her throughout the day. We will never have to worry about her getting enough attention. :D
So, instead of thinking about all the things that I may be "missing" with Anna throughout the day, I'm going to focus on the things that I am looking forward to this fall instead of being sad. Perhaps a little reverse psychology??? I am very blessed that my profession allows me to have extra time with her throughout the year. I have began thinking about all of our family fall traditions and how much fun they will be now that Anna is here and we can share those moments with her. Fall is my favorite time of the year!
Here are some of our traditions that I am looking forward to:
1. Going to apple orchards and visiting the mountains
2. Going to the pumpkin patch
3. State Fair
4. Halloween!!!!!!
5. Thanksgiving
6. Trip to Boone to cut down our Christmas Tree
7. All of the Christmas festivities!
8. Winter beach trips
9. New Years!


In an effort to squeeze in as much summer activity as possible, we had a cookout last night to celebrate "Nana's" birthday.

Anna entertaining the crowd

Jennifer and I

Sam and Bandit (who apparently is spoiled rotten)

Jennifer and Anna

Nana and Anna


Patches guarding Anna before bedtime

No comments: