Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time for the crib!

I have a ton of posts that I'm putting out there for all of my blog followers.....I didn't get to post all my updates last week, so you all will be bombarded today! :) Matt and I have come to the resolution that it is finally time to move Anna Kay from her bassinet (which stays beside our bed) to her crib. After waking up for the past few days with her at the bottom of the bassinet with her feet propped over the edge.....we think it is about time she has some more room. Not to mention that she is VERY active in her sleep and we fear for her safety in the bassinet. For those of you who know me well, you must know that this is going to be a difficult transition for me. Anna will handle it just fine I'm sure. I cause my own sleep deprivation most nights just watching her sleep. It is so comforting to me just to listen to her breathing (ok snoring some nights) beside us. Because I want to make this transition easier for her as well, I have been putting her in her crib during her daytime naps so that she can get used to her new surroundings when sleeping. For the past couple of days it has been more me putting her in her crib then listening to her coo or jabber over the baby monitor. No sleep involved. But today, I rocked her to drowsiness then laid her in the crib and she actually fell asleep! Normally her back will hit the crib mattress and her eyes will pop open to the point of full alertness. Now just say a prayer for me that my transition tonight for her sleeping in her crib will go as smoothly........I have visions of myself camping out on her nursery room floor.....sigh.... ;)


Anna Kay napping in her crib today!

3 comments:

liszt79 said...

You can do it!!!

Aunt Cheryl said...

That's always a tough transition - and you are absolutely right - tougher for Mom than baby!

Anonymous said...

oh nooo!!!!!! Not time for the crib already.

She is growing to fast. Maybe you can glue her to the sheet so she wont move. I had Becca in there much longer than I should have . She was the last and I hated to give up the bassinet. It is such a joy to have been able to have a Grandaughter use it. At least she is not sitting up and looking at you. Love the video. She will fit right in watching Baby Einstein. No doubt she will like music. Give Anna kisses for us.
Love you all lots.